Summary Server Information
- Building and Survival gamemodes
- Players spawn on the Lobby island, an 'Adventure' world
- Lobby island main city contains portals to other worlds
- 3 Building worlds: Build, Pixel and Sandbox
- 2 Survival worlds: Survival and Chaos
- Make sure you read our rules and know the world specific rules too!
- And a server live map so you don't get lost
Our Minecraft Server has a few worlds but with 2 distinct gametypes; Building and Survival. Newly spawned players will find themselves on our Lobby island, from here they can travel inland to our main city or sidetrack off and explore the island they've appeared on. Our main city acts as a hub for the server with a trading bazaar, staff run bank and portals to the different worlds, each world being a specific gametype. Inventories are seperate between the Building and Survival worlds but players can chat to one another from any world on the server.
The lobby island has a bunch of intresting things in it to explore and do. Little challenge puzzels can be found all over the island and on nearby islands - who knows, you might find something that'll affect the island for everyone!
Our Building worlds are designated construction zones. Players have access to unlimited resources (via commands) and can build anywhere in these worlds unless otherwise stated, this was also originally the only gamemode we serviced (before introducing the survival worlds). There is a lot to see and explore in our build worlds and lots of awesome people have put an epic amount of time into some of the projects there, so its deffienently worth a look even if you don't plan to be building in there yourself - you may get some great ideas for things!
There are 3 Building worlds: Build, Pixel and Sandbox. Build is the main world for builders to do what their best at in, Pixel is our pixel art world and Sandbox is a testing ground for those who like to plan their redstone or other buildings out before they commit to them.
The lobby island doesn't have any monsters on it, there are also no 'pvp' zones on the island and players are locked to 'adventure' mode while visiting it. However your survival inventory still carries between the other survival worlds to the lobby world (and vice versa). This allows players to trade resources and supply goods to one another on even footing without the risk of being hijakced during a transaction by another player or monsters.
Aside from the lobby island, there are other survival worlds as well: Survival and Chaos. The Survival world is a regular Minecraft world, PvP is enabled but there are rules surrounding it's use. There are of course, monsters and animals enabled too. The Chaos world is much the same as the survival world except it has a lot more relaxed rules around some things however you'll need to read over the rules throughly to avoid any complications while playing in there!
We have two sets of rules; Server Rules and World Rules. Both are important and we expect all players to abide by them and the Terms of Service at all times.
Server Rules are universal to the server and all worlds and World Rules are specific to the world they are for.
Please also see our ban policy.
- Don't be a dick.
- Treat others how you'd want to be treated.
- No intentional abusing, hurting or distressing of any other players.
- No sexism, no homophobia, no racism, and no nationalism.
- While we're open to everyone from all walks of life, please keep it to a sensible and respectful demeanor.
- Play fair and give each other space, if they were there first then you're in their land!
- Above all, be a good neighbour.
- Think about others; share your resources and knowledge.
- Do not steal from other players.
- Do not grief or destroy another players work.
- Don't intentionally stress or create lag on the server. This includes game exploits or redstone contraptions (such as clocks or tickers).
- Be honest. It's better to tell the truth than to lie to us.
- Respect the staff and listen to what they say. Ignorance will not get you far and we won't appreciate it.
- This is our house. This is not your house.
- Things are as they are for a reason, and the rules are not up for debate with or by anyone.
- The ability to contribute to our system(s) is a staff privilege, it's not community decided.
- Sometimes the staff have to do things that we ask that other players refrain from doing.
- If you're asked to move a discussion off the server, please respect other players and do so.
- Any content deemed inappropriate by the staff will be removed on sight and without a warning.
- Please keep your view on politics and religion out of the server.
- And that being said political and religious symbols on the server must be fictional.
Lobby World Rules:
- Do not build/destroy the Lobby World. You're there to explore and use it, but not to build and destroy it. If you find somewhere you can edit or see something that's been broken, contact staff immediately.
Build World Rules:
- Most of these are covered by the core server rules.
Survival World Rules:
- While PvP is enabled, this does not mean you can go on a murderous rampage.
- No mob grinders.
Chaos World Rules:
- The griefing rule is negated in this world; it's a chaotic world and you can do as you wish.
- However, just because its a chaotic world, does not mean that the don't be a dick rules go out the window!
What are the ranks on the server?
Can I have a rank?
Nope, infact you're probably ruining your chances of getting on by asking this question! Just keep playing, we'll notice you if you're a good community memeber
The server is whitelisted!" or "The server is offline!
If the server is whitelisted, then the message on it (MOTD) will have a reason and/or there will be a blog post about it.
If you think the server is really offline, check the status checker at the bottom of the page and see if there are any posts about downtime.
Whats the uptime on the server and where is it hosted?
We aim to maintain 100% uptime, but in reality its about 99.8% and our server is hosted in New Zealand on a 1gb/s connection.
Note: on very rare occasions, creeper explosions can disrupt our internets redstone wiring and the server can go out for a time. However, the server is inside a secure bedrock facility and is not affected by said explosions. Any time this happens, we're always working to restore the redstone connection ASAP. This can take some time, but it's our first priority to get it back up when this does happen. Again, this is very rare, but it can happen.
Minecraft has updated! When will the server?
We update when there is a stable enough build of Bukkit avaliable for us to use and then we wait on our plugins to build to it.
Also; please do not pester the staff when you think its ready! We do our own testing before we're happy that it is a sutitable and stable enough build to use
(We're glad you care but it's plain and simple annoying!)
Can I have creative mode?
Nope! Our Building worlds have commands to get you flying with unlimited resources, you don't need creative mode!
What are the general commands?
/help in game to see what you can do!
Why can't I use <insert command here>?
Because you're either not the right rank to use that command or we don't have that plugin on our server.
Why don't you have <insert plugin name here> on this server?
Probably because we don't need it and/or it doesn't fit our servers style.
Please don't make plugin suggestions; we don't want more plugins!
Who are the staff members?
Check out our staff list or look out for players who have a staff rank
Who owns the server?
The Blog, Website and Server are all owned and managed by Alex
Can I have OP?", "I'm PMC staff!" or "I'm reviewing this server!
Don't even bother trying that around here. They are all real old and boring lines.
Can I have World Edit/Voxel Sniper commands?
Nope and not even if you say you know how to use them! These plugins are only for use by a few players who have been certified.
I'm lost in the world somewhere!
Find yourself again on the live map!
We live by a one strike and you're out policy, no exceptions for anyone!
Once you're out, you're very unlikely to get back in, that being said you can still appeal the ban by contacting us and we may review it.