About our Server
We host and manage our own server, on it we host our Minecraft server. The Minecraft server features both Survival and Creative environments, both in different worlds and gameplay variations/styles for each world but all running on one server, under one address.
When joining for the first time, you'll be plonked into the Lobby world. This is an adventure world that contains an entire hand made continent to explore, complete with a storyline, side quests with rewards and lots of hidden secrets. It also contains the means of travel to the other worlds - Portals.
Items taken to and received in the Lobby world can then be taken to the other Survival worlds as these all share the same inventory. For obvious reasons, the Survival and Creative worlds have separate inventories.
Our other Survival worlds are...
Consider this the 'Regular Minecraft' gamemode. Monsters and animals will feely spawn, PvP is enabled but griefing is strictly policed.
Earth Survival Coming soon!
A popular TDB variant of our Regular Survival world, Earth Survival uses a replica Earth map and is host to battles between player managed countries and factions. As above, griefing is prohibited here too.
Chaos Survival Coming soon!
As the name suggests; only the strongest will thrive in here. Unlike the survival world, you're not just facing Minecraft's 'elements' but also other players. Do what you must to survive and thrive. This is also our only world in which we allow griefing to occur.
and our creative worlds...
Creative Build Coming soon!
While not in creative mode, it does feature the ability to fly, infinite resources and lots of fantastic creations to examine and explore. As you probably guessed, griefing (in all creative worlds) is prohibited.
Pixel Art Coming soon!
We never liked mixing up the large castles and walls of wool so we created a separate world specifically for pixel art.
Games World Coming soon!
You can't build in it but you won't need too. Our games world is to give a home to our arenas and mingames like Spleef, Capture the Pumpkin and the Mob arena.
We also have a web based live map for all our worlds. You can toggle your visibility on it by running
/dynmap hide and then
/dynmap show to show yourself again.
On our server we have 8 ranks for players and 3 staff ranks. These are sequential and the next one in the series has all the previous ranks commands and permissions. We award ranks based on many factors, the core one being how you interact with the community and other players. If you're participating, being awesome, kind, caring and polite you're way more likely to rank up.
Ranks are also credited to users on our Teamspeak server to match their in game rank - just another reason to be using it!
|Tier I||Tier II||Tier III||Tier IV||Tier V|
Around here, donators don't get a special rank; instead they keep their current rank and get an extra permission set to use, for more info on this see the donate page.
We use our Teamspeak 3 server to chat with each other while playing Minecraft and for other games and events. If you haven't used Teamspeak before, it's really easy to set-up and even if you don't have a mic you're still welcome to listen in on the conversation and talk via game or Teamspeak chat.
- Download Teamspeak 3 here
- Once installed, click Connections > Connect
- Server Address: ts.thedailyblock.co.nz
Server Password: Leave this blank
Nickname: Choose your display name (preferably use you Minecraft name)
- Don't be a dick.
- Treat others how you'd like to be treated. Respect is earned, it is not expected.
- Keep conversations sensible and to a respectful demeanor.
- Follow and respect the server etiquette.
- Be a good neighbour, share your resources and/or knowledge.
- Don't grief or steal from other players.
- Be honest with us, we're not fond of liers.
- Respect the staff's decisions and follow their directions.
- This is our house.
- The rules are not up for debate.
- Leave server and player management up to the staff, don't take it upon yourself.
- Let the staff know as soon as possible about any issues you or anyone else has on the server.
- All political and religious symbols on the server must be fictional.
- Any content deemed inappropriate by the staff will be removed on sight and without a warning.
Etiquette is not a rule set, it's a general way to conduct yourself on our server. Following it is much more likely to help you make friends while ignoring it will quickly make problems for you and us - and we don't want that.
- Careful where you build! Ask for permission before you build in an already inhabited area, a good distance to judge is 250 blocks from anyone else. If you're within that you need to ask!
- Don't just 'borrow' resources. Even if you intend to return them or replace them always ask first. This is also the same for peoples farms - always ask before you harvest/take/borrow it.
- If you're unsure about anything - ask! Other players, on the blog or an online staff member are all good places to start (Please don't be offended if we refer you to a specific part of the website)
- Get involved, don't be a silent player! Some people get nervous about that sorta stuff so try to get involved, even if it's just on the game chat.
Round these parts, its a one strike and you're out policy. Don't break our rules and this shouldn't concern you!
If you're lucky a staff member might give you a warning about your behaviour. We also regularly add our banned players to global ban websites, so if you cause an issue here you may find you're banned elsewhere because of that too.
You can check our public ban list here which includes the time, date and reason for players bans.
If you feel you were unfairly banned and wish to make an appeal, you may do so here or by clicking the link on the ban list.
Enough text! Where is the server address?
Did you miss it?! It's at the top of the page in the server status checker!